TV Zoo Vet, Specialist Zoo & Wildlife Vet
Matt’s TV career began in 1998 in the BBC series ‘Vet to the Rescue’. The 29 episode series was based at Chester Zoo and was followed by another series, ‘Vets in the Country’, based at Matt’s surgery in Stamford Bridge.
Two popular and long running series for the ITV followed, ‘Zoo Vet’ and ‘Zoo Vet at Large’, which ran for nine years and followed Matt as zoo vet at Flamingo Land in North Yorkshire. After almost 100 episodes the series finished in 2007. It can now be seen across the world on channels such as Sky Travel and the Danish channel Viasat.
Television career highlights:
- BBC series ‘Vet to the Rescue’, 29 half hour episodes, based at Chester Zoo 1998
- BBC series ‘Vets in the Country’, 29 half hour episodes, based at our surgery in Stamford Bridge. 1999
- ITV series ‘Zoo Vet’ and ‘Zoo Vet at Large’, approximately 90-100 ish episodes 1998 – 2007
- ITV ‘Wildlife Police’
- Channel 4 Guest appearance in ‘Pet Rescue’
- BBC1 Advisor Beast
- Harry Potter films 1 and 2 Advisor reference owls
Wildlife Specialist & Zoo Vet
After many years as a mixed practice vet, in 1990 Matt devoted himself to wildlife and zoo animals. He has conducted considerable wildlife research and is a government advisor.
Matt’s work as Zoo Vet »
Matt’s wildlife research »
Born the son of a diplomat, Matt was educated at King’s Canterbury and then trained at the Royal Veterinary College. He spent time working with the Veterinary School in Sri Lanka and was in general veterinary practice from 1987 until 2010 when he turned his full attention to working with wildlife and zoo animals.
Matt lives in the Yorkshire Wolds with his wife Clare and four sons. He is a keen skier and bridge player and enjoys fishing, gardening, walking, cooking and model making.
Full Biog »